Monday, September 21, 2009

This is hard work!

I had great intentions of journaling each day with details of where I've been and corresponding images. After all, what else was I going to be doing when the light melted into darkness and photography was no longer feasible. Well, come to find out I would be exhausted. I don't know how many miles I've put on the rental car in the last 48 hours, but I've already had to fill up the tank.Taking the photos is only half the story. They have to be sorted, cataloged, uploaded to my online gallery, then I have to do my blog .... Not that I'm complaining.I am still on east coast time and although 5.15am is better than 4.45 as an internal wake-up call, I am hopeful that tomorrow I will sleep a little longer. No plans for a pre-dawn shoot.I am moving on up to Yellowstone for a few days. There is a storm expected to move through the region overnight, and snow is forecast for the upper elevations, which is great for photography.The fall color hasn't really kicked in here yet, and I'm counting on the expected cold snap to accelerate the process.I plan to photograph the amazing display of geysers and other thermal displays and then head back south for my last few days here, by which time the fall color should be close to peak.In the meantime, here are today's "quick pics"

No comments:

Post a Comment