Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whatever happened to global warming?

My friend in Oregon tells me the temperatures haven't been this low in 35 years, and here in Charleston, temperatures have been in the twenties consistently overnight for almost a week with not much relief in sight. We're just not equipped for this, but I guess I shouldn't complain - after all I could live in Minnesota or Chicago or somewhere. Actually I couldn't. I don't understand why anyone would choose to live there. Anyway the heat pump is working around the clock and the outside taps are set to drip all through the night. This is what my back hosepipe looked like this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy?
    The bank sign said 24 degrees on the way to drop the kids off at JICS this morning.
    I completely forgot to drip my faucets last night. Oops!

    ReplyDelete