Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Weekend in North Carolina

I decided on Friday to go chase some snow over the weekend, so I made a reservation for one night at some nondescript (pet-friendly)Comfort Inn in Mars Hill, NC, packed some sandwiches, microwaveable dinner, food for the dog and headed north up the interstate early Saturday morning. The overall experience was mixed. I came away with a couple of images that I really like, but more detailed planning would definitely increase the odds of success (surprise!) Also Logan contracted some kind of bug, the details of which don't need to be shared in this forum, but suffice it to say that I didn't get much sleep last night. It also necessitated several additional inconvenient stops along the way. I did enjoy watching his confusion over the white stuff. He thought he could walk on top of it, and kept falling through - sometimes up to his ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment