Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sunday Shoe Saga

Last week I went to church wearing two completely different shoes. I grabbed what I thought was a pair of sandals from my shoe shelf, strapped them on (yes, they were not slip-ons, so you’d have thought I might have noticed something awry at this point) and off I went. When I got out the car, my feet felt a little funny, like one was cooler than the other, and also that one leg was a little shorter than the other, but the thought didn’t go any further. As I was standing in line for a cup of coffee, the feeling struck me again, so I glanced down and started laughing. There was nothing to do at this point but keep wearing them, since probably more people would have noticed bare feet in church than would have noticed the mismatched pair, but of course Leigh, Josh and my friends got a generous dose of merriment at my expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment