Thursday, March 14, 2013

Some excitement in the neighborhood

While sipping on my morning cup of tea I heard sirens wailing somewhere in the vicinity.  I said a quick prayer for the person or people who were in need of such urgent aid and then forgot about it.  A few minutes later I left for work but didn't get very far because the road was blocked by 5 fire trucks and two additional emergency vehicles.  Our neighborhood is usually very quiet and fortunately not the scene of many high speed crashes.  The most that happens as a rule is that kids after having had a little too much to drink like to take out mailboxes with their pimped out pickup trucks.  Anyway, all this morning activity resulted from a kitchen fire which fortunately was soon brought under control.  Since I had my camera in the car, I passed the time waiting for them to move the hoses out of the road by taking a few shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment