Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend trip to Greenville

I had set aside this weekend to visit Matt in Greenville.  He's been living there since January and I hadn't been there yet, so I left work early on Friday, picked up the dog and hit the I-26, hoping to avoid Columbia traffic as I went through.  It was an easy drive.  Matt made me comfortable and welcome in his best bachelor way and I enjoyed being shown his town.  It is really a very nice place to live.  We went downtown and he treated me to a great dinner at the Lazy Goat Restaurant overlooking Falls Park.  Next day we spent time at the Farmers Market in the town center and later walked with the dogs through Cleveland Park. I was impressed by how much has been invested in making Greenville so "people friendly" and the residents are all out and about, taking full advantage of all the great facilities it has to offer.  Later we drove to Campbell's Covered Bridge (through a violent thunderstorm) so I could photograph it. Thanks Matt and Ace for a great weekend!
Falls Park, downtown Greenville

Ace being restrained from duck hunting in Falls Park - bad dog!

Waiting for us to come out of the coffee shop

Campbell's Covered Bridge in Landrum - a short drive away

Campbell's Covered Bridge - black and white

No comments:

Post a Comment