Sunday, April 17, 2016

Road trip to 100 Acre Farm, Madison, GA

If you've read this blog a couple of times through the years, you will have noticed that I LOVE road trips.  This weekend I had planned to spend more time at Hunting Island State Park in Beaufort, SC but the weather forecast necessitated a change of plan.  I decided to go where the sun was supposed to shine, and that was in the upstate or inland area of South Carolina or Georgia as it finally happened.  I remember passing this farm during a 2010 road trip along 278 on the way back from a wedding in Atlanta. I had stopped at the time, trespassed a little up the driveway and vowed to come back again to explore further.  This I did yesterday with my friend and road trip warrior, Linda.  What a gem of a place and what fun.  We walked the trails, enjoyed a hearty breakfast, met some great new friends, but most of all we were fascinated by the animals and critters, specifically the chickens.  How refreshing it is to spend even one night away from home, having fun and doing crazy stuff :)







No comments:

Post a Comment