Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Joshua Tree National Park Day One

Disappointed not to be able to witness this month's "super blue blood moon" on the east coast, and seduced by all the attendant hype surrounding it's anticipated display, I made a crazy, spontaneous decision to head west so that I would be able to see and photograph it.  Of course I did as much research as I could in terms of choosing a suitable location; somewhere where it wouldn't rain, and somewhere where I would be able to see most of it's progression, so here I am in the town of Twenty Nine Palms, just outside the Joshua Tree National Park.  The first afternoon after flying from Charleston was spent getting my bearings and hunting for a suitable location from which to shoot this major event.  Here are a couple photographs from that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment